1. Bomb Evacuations will become a regular occurrence to the point where you don’t even get worried about it any more.
2. In at least the first year, if not longer, your mood will depend entirely on whether you were able to successfully order something at the bakery in German
3. Meeting up with friends in foreign countries for the weekend will become totally normally as will going to a different country just to go to the beach.
4. You will become addicted to either CNN International or BBC World as they are the only English language channels broadcasted in Germany.
5. You will find yourself thinking teenagers buying crates of beer at the supermarket is totally normal.
6. You will start to refer to the seasons by what food is suddenly available eg Spargel season and more importantly, you will begin to get excited about this.
7. Your supermarket suddenly stocking a different brand of Peanut Butter will totally ruin your entire week.
8. After about 18 months, your English will become peppered with German phrases and you will find yourself forgetting English words.
9. Even when not in Germany, you will find that going shopping on a Sunday is unthinkable and if you actually do go shopping you will treat the event like you are visiting an alien planet.
10. You will learn the hard way that the advice ‘Everyone speaks English there’ you received before you left is completely and utterly untrue.
What do you wish you had been told before moving to Germany? Let me know in the comments.