The theatre company that my Improv group is attached to is having auditions for their upcoming production of “Play it Again Sam”. The members of my Improv group were trying to convince me tonight to audition with them next Wednesday, but I’m really in two minds about it. Here are the pros and cons about auditioning:
- Theatre productions are so much fun to be in and I’ve really missed doing shows.
- It will be a great way to meet new people and make some more friends
- Being in a show would be fantastic motivation to keep exercising during the winter months cause I really don’t want to gain weight before I have to go on stage.
- I still haven’t received a decision about my visa yet. What if it doesn’t get approved and I have to go home? It would so bad if I actually got a part and then had to pull out.
- Auditions are absolutely terrifying things to have to do. I really hate auditioning.
- What if I completely embarrass myself??
I really don’t know what to do. One half of me is telling me to forget all my fears and just do it, whilst the other half is kinda terrified. Then there is the whole visa issue…
Advice? Thoughts? Tell me what I should do.